Thursday, July 30, 2015

What I've been up to lately

I've been scrapbooking, of course.  I'm currently working on 2012 in my family album.  I'm also trying to complete The Boy's high school years.  He and I sorted through a mountain of memorabilia during my crop last weekend, which was a lot of fun.  There were lots of smiles and "You saved THAT?" from him.  I also discovered that I'd saved approximately 52 of his graduation announcements.  I'll probably only need 2-3, so I'll keep that in mind when the Gluten Free Girl graduates next spring.  Her album will be the next on my list, and I'll hopefully be organizing and working on it by fall.

We've done some camping as a family, with a trip to Mt. Rushmore and Devil's Tower ("*gasp* It's BEAUTIFUL," said Thumper).

And I've been crafting too.  Playing with paint and paper and the like.  I've got a lot of patriotic decorations for summer, but not much else.  I've been remedying that.  I stopped into Wood Creations and found some absolutely adorable projects and ideas.  I chose two projects and here's how they turned out.


I'm SO excited to have these!  The pinwheels were a kit and then I added my own paint and paper from my rather large stash.  The squares were based on a display in the store.  The employee was very friendly and helpful, making sure I had everything I'd need to complete the projects.  I can't wait to play some more!  

And, I painted.  Yep.  I made a painting.  The outline came from an image online, but then I did the rest.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  Don't you?


And now I have some fun, unique summer decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment